Monday, May 23, 2011

My Word Is My Bond - Roger Moore - Book 28

Roger Moore's self-deprecating humour permeates this autobiography. It's a quick and enjoyable read, which all Bond/Moore fans are sure to enjoy. For me, it was particularly interesting to read it after reading Michael Caine's autobiography a few weeks ago, as their stories occasionally intersect. I give this one 4 stars.

Amazon's description:
One of the most recognizable big-screen stars of the past half century, Sir Roger Moore played the role of James Bond longer than any other actor. Still, Bond was only one in a lifetime of roles stretching back to Hollywood’s studio era. Moore has seen and heard it all. He has hobnobbed with the glamorous and powerful, counting Elizabeth Taylor, Jane Seymour, and Cary Grant among his contemporaries and friends. He has outrageous stories about foulmouthed Milton Berle, surly Richard Burton, and kindhearted Richard Kiel, infamous as Bond enemy Jaws. The stories in My Word Is My Bond are priceless, a treasure trove of Hollywood history. Sir Roger Moore has left nothing out—especially the naughty bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment