Monday, November 21, 2011

Book 101 - Calculating God by Robert Sawyer

I think I'm going to hunt down all of Robert Sawyer's books, because Calculating God was every bit as good as Factoring Humanity. Imagine that not just one, but two alien species come calling and they turn out to have the same DNA and cataclysmic planetary events at exactly the same time as those that affected the earth.  Does that mean there's a divine plan. The characters in the book wrestle with this issue and eventually set off for a distant planet to find and confront God. This is a fascinating read which explores humanity, personhood and spirituality through engaging human and alien characters. Highly recommended.

PS. This was my 101st book, which I completed 292 days after starting this challenge. Now that I've got used to book blogging, I plan to continue and see how many I can read within the 1001 days. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment