Saturday, December 3, 2011

Percy Jackson Series - Books 104-108

I'm currently reading the Percy Jackson series (The Lightning Thief, The Sea of Monsters,The Titan's Curse, The Battle of the Labyrinth, and The Last Olympians). Intended for young readers, the series is set between the world of the Olympians (and I don't mean athletes) and the human world. If you can believe that the Greek gods are real and so are their children with humans (demi-gods) then you will probably enjoy the series, which charts the face-off between the Olympians and their banished predecessors the Titans who are once again vying for power. The battle (complete with magic, action, adventure and swordplay) centers around Percy Jackson, about whom there's a chilling prophecy. These are easy to read and you'll learn a lot about Greek mythology too (I thought I knew quite a bit till I read these, but there are characters in here I've never heard of before.) Recommended.


2 comments:

  1. Rick Riordan did it again. I enjoyed The Sea of Monsters almost as much as The Lightning Thief. It's a whole new adventure with many of the same characters as book one and a few new ones. Kronos is still rising, Luke is still evil, the prophecy about Percy (or another child of the Big Three?) is more fully explained, and an ultimate confrontation is obviously a few books away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the series and I'm looking forward to starting the follow-on one (I think it's called The Olympians).

      Delete